You could run the two programs on the same vps by binding them to localhost
and two different ports, and then use a reverse proxy (like nginx) to
multiplex connections and add HTTPS.

This way you can have one machine that responds to two distinct domains,
each of which will point to one of your application.

(I've sent this email before, but did not target the mailing list too.
Sorry about that.)