The Go 2 blog post (https://blog.golang.org/toward-go2) asks for core
language and library feature help and especially for experience reports:
https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/ExperienceReports

The issue tracker has almost 200 open Go 2 proposals taking community
comments:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AGo2

There are a number of non-Google community members participating in these
feature discussions I think. A possible start would be to add to the
generics discussion (https://github.com/golang/go/issues/15292) which seems
to be close to the core of Go 2 and has been talked about for almost a
decade.

People ask for code reviews on golang-nuts, and there are usage questions
often here.

I’d continue my commercially-aimed game development effort if somebody
sponsored me for $60k a year or more, otherwise I’m in a money hole and
have to go get a regular job. Go and the web is where my initial technology
research landed me a few years ago. My opinion is don’t do that kind of
thing by yourself unless you have a house and ten years of money saved up
with health insurance. I’ve been donating time to the Go community while
searching for the job.

Matt