> A bit of an unresolved problem in several universes, one of which contains
Go (;-))

I have some definite opinions: I grew up in a universe where it was
resoilved in Multics, rediscoverd in Solaris and independantly rediscovered
in Linux glibc. Way more information that you want in
https://leaflessca.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/dll-hell-and-avoiding-an-np-complete-problem/

The best advice I can give in the current context is to chose an A-B pair
with a common C, even if it causes you to go back to an undesirably early
release of either A or B.

It is, after all, an NP-complete problem: there is no guarantee that there
is a good answer, save to *not have* the problem, as the Multicians found.

--dave