c# has a decimal type that i can map my numeric(12,2) column data type to,
but golang doesnt have a decimal type.

i'm trying to avoid storing money values as cents then converting them to
dollar values when needed, and
also would like to stay close to using database/sql's standard API as much
as possible.

would i be able to meet these needs  by maybe
using https://godoc.org/github.com/lib/pq for most of my needs,
and then maybe using pgx's custom Decimal / Numeric type
(https://godoc.org/github.com/jackc/pgx/pgtype)
to facilitate currency value processing?

could anybody with experience doing something like this share their
experience(s) and suggestion(s) with me?

thank you for helping!