What do folks do in terms of managing/vetting dependencies and also hosting
them internally? In other language ecosystems, there are tools such as
Nexus or Artifactory that work as caching mirrors for binary dependencies.
That way, a company or a team can have a stronger control/governance on
dependencies they use. I'm curious if there is a mature solution for Go.

One strawman idea is to set up an internal git (or github) repo that acts
as a repository of dependencies, and have our dep toml point to that
internal repo for each and every dependency. But it is not quite an
automated solution to the problem. I'm curious what others are doing for
this.