All:

I may just need to open a bug with intelliji but I find the behavior so
peculiar that I thought i'd ask if anyone who codes go in intelliji may
know what's going on.

I uninstalled go 1.9.3 and installed go 1.10. After I do that, intelliji
can no longer find any packages in the std lib and autocomplete no longer
works. third party packages its fine with. I reinstalled 1.9.3 and then
intelliji can find the std lib again. Since I haven't upgraded intelliji, I
am guessing something changed in 1.10 that's breaking intelliji's ability
to access the std lib but I am at a loss as to how that could be.

I did verify that go 1.10 install is working (e.g go version go build go
install all work etc)

Joe