On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Steven Hartland <ste...@multiplay.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 22/02/2018 09:46, andrewchambe...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Just a list of things I like about Go, thanks everyone for the hard work:
>
> snip...
>
> Minor things that could be improved in order of importance:
>
> - Ways to express immutability ... as a concurrent language it can still
> be easy to make mistakes and share a buffer or slice by accident.
> - More advanced static analysis tools that can prove properties of your
> code (perhaps linked with the above).
>
> Have you seen: https://github.com/alecthomas/gometalinter
>
> - Generics.
> - Some sort of slightly more sophisticated pattern matching .
>
> Not sure what you mean here but have you seen:
> https://golang.org/pkg/regexp/

I'm pretty sure Andrew was referring to pattern matching like in Scala and
Rust. It's a very slick feature. Related: Rust's enum types are slick --
they are like a combination of enums (such as in Java, and Scala) and
Scala's sealed classes.
https://docs.scala-lang.org/tour/pattern-matching.html
https://doc.rust-lang.org/1.6.0/book/match.html