I am a systems administrator. I find it easier and faster to write a
program in Go than it is to script it in Bash.  Since writing scripts is
something most Sys Admins do I've had to write them in Perl, PHP, TCL,
Ruby, etc. and the BIGGEST frustration is that I would get a script written
debugged etc. and I'd go to deploy it to the server.   The server doesn't
use the right version, or doesn't have the right package installed, and
hours of additional work are done to get your script to work. On a
production server installing one binary for something like a Nagios alarm I
can get away with on a production system, I can't just go and start
apt-getting or yum installing a bunch of new packages.  With Go I install
the dependancies on MY system -- and that system is a Mac.  Cross compiling
is trivial (unless the package it used CGO), and I normally generate code
that will run on Windows, Linux, Mac and the 32 / 64 bit variations, and I
can copy that one binary on to the system. No DLLs, no installing extra
packages, it just runs, no dependency or version headaches.