Saw a recent discussion on Flutter and golang, which seems to me to be
going the wrong way, because I didn't see the magic word "FIDL
<https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/fidl>" being mentioned. So I'd like to
share my finding about that,

First of all, about the Flutter:

On February 27, 2018, in Mobile World Congress 2018, Google announced the
first beta
<https://developers.googleblog.com/2018/02/announcing-flutter-beta-1.html>
release of Flutter
<https://flutter.io/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=beta_announcement>.

   - Flutter is Google's new mobile UI framework that helps developers
   craft high-quality native interfaces for both iOS and Android.
   - Flutter targets the sweet spot of mobile development: performance and
   platform integrations of native mobile, with high-velocity development and
   multi-platform reach of portable UI toolkits.

There are loads of articles on Flutter
<https://flutter.io/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=beta_announcement>

already, but let me just pick only two:

What’s Revolutionary about Flutter

https://hackernoon.com/whats-revolutionary-about-flutter-946915b09514

Quote:

traditional model layout could be simplified significantly:

   -

   Instead of having a large set of layout rules that could be applied to
   any widget, each widget would specify its own simple layout model.
   -

   Because each widget has a much smaller set of layout rules to consider,
   layout can be optimized heavily.
   -

   To simplify layout even further, we turned almost everything into a
   widget.

Second,

Why we chose Flutter and how it’s changed our company for the better

https://medium.com/@matthew.smith_66715/why-we-chose-flutter-and-how-its-changed-our-company-for-the-better-271ddd25da60

Quote:

Our productivity on new feature development has roughly tripled. Here’s why:

   -

   Not only do we have the obvious gains from having only one code base
   between iOS and Android, we are able to share ~70% (at the moment of this
   writing it’s 67%) of our web client code with the mobile clients. But it
   doesn’t end there.
   -

   When we test a feature in any of the platforms, unless it’s a platform
   specific UI change, we are effectively testing across all three platforms
   at once. We did not expect this gain, but it’s real and it’s significant.

   -

   We also found that because we were able to merge what was a fragmented
   team into one team with a common skill set, we spend less time being
   blocked by each other and can more easily work together. And honestly, we
   are happier. While it’s fun to build a new feature, it becomes a chore to
   then have to recreate it two more times. Then have to write the platform
   specific unit tests. Then QA the same thing again.

OK, enough about Flutter
<https://flutter.io/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=beta_announcement>.

We all know that recently Google lost its legal battle on using Java, so my
personal view is that Android would be on the chopping board soon. One hint
is that Google has silently changed its *Android* play store to *Google*
Play Store <https://play.google.com/store?hl=en> recently, which means a
lot to me.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Flutter
<https://flutter.io/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=beta_announcement>

is only a small part of Google's strategic planning to ditch Java, and also
the two OSs for the mobile phone and pad, the Android & ChromeOS, because
Flutter
<https://flutter.io/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=beta_announcement>

is the center piece of Google's next generation OS, Fuchsia, which will be
a cross-device OS for Phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, wearables, and more.

Taken from https://9to5google.com/2018/01/23/what-is-google-fuchsia-os/

Most of the Fuchsia's UI is written in Dart <https://www.dartlang.org/> (a
language that is designed to feel familiar to JavaScript and Java
developers), through the Flutter framework <http://flutter.io/>. Support
for Go <https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/third_party-go>!. Systems
developers will find comfort in the availability of Rust
<https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/docs/blob/7bfa3572a0fd27eb278419538a07faa5df59cec7/rust.md>.

Google is also targeting Apple’s developer base by introducing Swift support
<https://9to5google.com/2017/11/20/google-fuchsia-os-apple-swift-support/>.

Once again, the Flutter framework <http://flutter.io/> will support Go
<https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/third_party-go>!

It has native interoperability support for most of these languages, through
the FIDL protocol <https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/fidl>, your Dart UI
code can directly interface with your Go backend or any other combination.

Again, the above are all of my finding, and my 2c view on them.
All in all, I strongly believe that Flutter Will Take Off in 2018
<https://codeburst.io/why-flutter-will-take-off-in-2018-bbd75f8741b0>, and
am happy that Go will be part of it.