On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 7:08:27 AM UTC-4, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 7:02 PM Penguin Enormous <kimkh...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> But looking at your answer, I see that you may imply certain race
>> conditions are allowed. Could you explain a bit more on that? Aren't race
>> conditions supposedly bad?
>>
>> Race conditions can, in certain cases, be benign if guarded properly by
> some other code. As long as you eventually solve the race in a valid way.

A little OT, but to avoid confusion for other readers, I want to point out
that "logic race conditions" can be benign, but that "data race conditions"
should never be considered benign *in user code*. By a "data race
condition", I mean that two threads (or goroutines) are accessing the same
data at the same time, and one of the accesses is a write.

I am not trying to imply that Jesper was saying any different. I just
wanted to clarify for others who could misinterpret his comments.