Emacs (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/), Notepad++
(https://notepad-plus-plus.org/), and Vim (https://www.vim.org/) are code
editors that work on Windows. I use Vim on macOS. Emacs and Vim will take
longer to learn than Notepad++.

These editors let you open and modify code files (right click on the file,
click on “open with”, pick the editor) but you then have to process the
files to work. The Go command line tools do this and are meant to be
simple, and you can use them through cmd.exe after installing Go (cmd.exe
is included with Windows already and might be called “Command Prompt” in
the start menu). If “go help” works in cmd.exe then you’ve correctly
installed Go.

The installation instructions at https://golang.org/doc/install say this
for Windows:

You may need to restart any open command prompts for the change to take
> effect.

An advanced editor (an Integrated Development Environment, IDE) like the
mentioned Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/) will do the
command prompting for you.

To pick where to put your code files you’ll need to setup the workspace,
see https://golang.org/doc/code.html#Workspaces

GitHub is a good place to see examples of real projects:
https://github.com/topics/go

I found these websites with Google Search at https://google.com

Which version of Windows are you using?

Matt