Oops, I forgot to CC golang-nuts..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott Cotton <w...@iri-labs.com>
Date: 8 August 2018 at 21:48
Subject: Re: [go-nuts] Re: [ANNOUNCE] for gopher audiophiles.
To: Zellyn <zel...@gmail.com>

Zellyn,

We are collaborating with the go-audio github organisation.  They have lots
to offer more than the buffer datatypes, and Matt Aimonetti of go-audio has
been very helpful and supportive.   I'd also like to give him credit in the
zikichombo code as his reviews provoked profound changes that I wouldn't
have thought of otherwise.

Zikichombo does not currently use go-audio buffers.  My feeling is that
they may be most useful in the context of codec implementations.

It's unfortunate that we were unable to do everything together in one
place, hence 2 organisations.  But I am looking forward to continuing
working with go-audio synergistically or more.

Scott

On 8 August 2018 at 20:49, Zellyn <zel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One other question. I know you're aware of it because you mentioned it in
> the kickoff blog post, but do you intend to use the underlying types from
> https://github.go-audio/audio?
>
> Just curious,
>
> Zellyn
>
> On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 2:37:12 PM UTC-4, Sebastien Binet wrote:
>>
>> Scott,
>>
>> One thing that wasn't completely clear to me in the blog post was whether
>> zikichombo was considering investigating a pure Go alsa compatible package.
>> If I am not mistaken, right now, on Linux and on Darwin, the package
>> actually performing audio stuff is using cgo.
>>
>> Also, while I understand the fft code currently part of zikichombo is
>> specifically tailored for the audio use cases.
>> I was wondering whether you had considered using gonum/fft and dropped it
>> for some reason (and I'd be interested in knowing what that was) out
>> whether you just didn't know about its existence (it's pretty new, but
>> based on the netlib implementation, IIRC)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -s
>>
>> sent from my droid
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018, 20:25 Zellyn <zel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Scott,
>>>
>>> Thank you for taking on this thorny and important area. I hope you
>>> manage to include the various interested parties, and reach a consensus
>>> that is both efficient and Go-like.
>>>
>>> Good luck!  I look forward to reading updates on the project blog.
>>>
>>> Zellyn

Scott Cotton
President, IRI France SAS
http://www.iri-labs.com