There is lots of discussion findable here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/golang-nuts/ternary%7Csort:date
There's a bit of discussion on the issue tracker:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=ternary+operator -- in
particular https://github.com/golang/go/issues/23248
There's more discussion on the reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/5dqpab/what_is_the_reasoning_behind_go_not_having_a/