* n...@mit.edu <n...@mit.edu> [180814 11:43]:
> The documentation can be interpreted as you say.

I do not see how you can interpret it otherwise.

> If the resulting AST is subsequently inserted into a larger AST and then
> serialized, the source that is output can be syntactically invalid.
>
> It is unexpected (and I believe unreasonable) that serializing an AST can
> produce code that can't be parsed.

If you insert an ast.Expr that was given to you with documented
deficiencies, I do not see why you would expect otherwise.

This sounds like a difference between what you want and what the package
is documented to do.  I.e. a feature request.

> There is no API for invalidating the Pos information of an AST.  In order
> to make my application work, I needed to implement a function which copied
> an entire AST except for its Pos information
> (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MarkNahabedian/Goshua/master/rete/rule_compiler/nopos.go).
>

> Issue filed:
> https://github.com/golang/go/issues/26986

This seems like the correct approach to me, though I still think your
wording implies something wrong with the documentation and/or
implementation, as opposed to requesting an improvement to the design (I
do believe what you are asking for would be an improvement).

...Marvin