On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 8:31:44 PM UTC-4, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> > That was helpful.  I feel like I have a more solid grasp  now, though
> I'm a
> > bit worried about what details might have changed.  Is there any chance
> of
> > getting the author to update this and add it to the official Go
> > documentation?
>
> Conceptually speaking, nothing has changed.
>
> Which docs did you look at?  Just wondering what could be updated.

This:  https://research.swtch.com/interfaces

It did look rather like the abstractions had not changed, but I don't have
the expertise to be sure.

I'm successfully writing type switches on my Events now, so that is
significant progress. I expect the  rest of the translation to be tedious
but not conceptually difficult. All 13KLOC of it,  ouch.

Oh, actually, I have one other issue; how to translate virtual methods in a
Python base class into Go's object model.  I'll start another thread about
that.