I'm sorry you feel this way.

The reality is that the format of the language is not something that is
going to change. I personally don't like that I cannot write one liner
functions on one line because of gofmt's preference for reformatting the
same function over three lines -- but, I put this aside because of the
wider benefits of having a _single_ coding style that is enforced across
all Go code (even if someone doesn't use it, I can pass their code though
gofmt before reading it) which makes, to some degree, the syntax melt into
the background.

I'd encourage you to persist with Go beyond the minor syntactic issues.

Dave