Trying to compile the following on Solaris 10 gives the error: call of
non-function C.testc

package main

/*
#include <stdio.h>

void testc() {
    printf("Hello cgo");
}
*/
import "C"

func main() {
    C.testc()
}

The output of go env is below:
bash-4.3$ go env
GOARCH="sparc"
GOBIN=""
GOCACHE="/export/home/amandeep/.cache/go-build"
GOEXE=""
GOHOSTARCH="sparc"
GOHOSTOS="solaris"
GOOS="solaris"
GOPATH="/export/home/amandeep/go"
GORACE=""
GOROOT="/usr/gnu"
GOTMPDIR=""
GOTOOLDIR="/usr/gnu/libexec/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/8.2.1"
GCCGO="/usr/gnu/bin/gccgo"
CC="gcc"
CXX="g++"
CGO_ENABLED="1"
CGO_CFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_CPPFLAGS=""
CGO_CXXFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_FFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_LDFLAGS="-g -O2"
PKG_CONFIG="pkg-config"
GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -pthread -fmessage-length=0
-fdebug-prefix-map=/tmp/go-build622699141=/tmp/go-build
-gno-record-gcc-switches -funwind-tables"

How can we debug the issue? What am I missing? a simple go file (without
cgo) compiles and runs just fine. Additionally, this runs just fine on
Solaris 11 as well.