I read the proposal and the only knock against including a stack trace by
default is one google problem cited that was clearly bad error handling to
begin with.

Why is there always some need to reinvent the wheel. Leave Go error handling as
in and add a throws and catch that new code can use, with the current const
based error instances - just add an interface Exception that all throw X need
to implement in order to use, and catch on interfaces, not structs.