Good day fellow gophers.

A system program of mine that runs couple of server daemons in one
executable used to consume ~15MB of resident memory and ~15MB of virtual
memory, compiled with go 1.10.

After upgrading to go 1.11, its resident memory usage remains identical,
but virtual memory usage shoots up to 112MB. Since the program locks its
memory for safety, the virtual memory usage becomes very noticeable.

According to "viewcore" utility, the significant increase of virtual memory
usage corresponds to significant increase in "free spans - retained (kept
for reuse by Go)". Because the program exclusive uses standard library, I
wish to narrow down the library that causes the memory usage spike and make
a bug report. But how do I go about looking for this standard library, if
removal of any causes a cascading chain of compilation errors?

Thanks!

The program is an open source software: https://github.com/HouzuoGuo/laitos/

Kind regards,
Howard