I was wondering if there's a particular reason to enforce importing golint
from a certain source (see:
https://github.com/golang/lint/commit/9a272034dedb2a3ed05231d5604ce17fb40f0e58).

There seems to be a lot of code in "the wild" importing this project from
github.com as evinced by a number of closed github issues from users asking
why their usual go get isn't working. There's also the issue that the
github repo is usually more discoverable by people looking for tooling than
the repo(s) at golang.org/x. Given the ease-of-use aspect, is there a
compelling reason to prevent people from pulling this from the github
mirror? And even if we've already incurred the cost of making this change
for golint, is this going to be the standard going forward for everything
in golang.org/x?