Hi.  I'm interested in trying the internal compiling option for Go.

Vim 7.4.  Ubuntu 16.04 amd64

go 1.11.2

I'm using the version of vim that gets installed by apt.

When I type :make from a window showing a buffer containing Go code, I get this error:

/bin/bash: go: command not found

.vimrc

set ignorecase laststatus=2 mouse=a clipboard=unnamed wrapmargin=10 autowrite hlsearch incsearch
set statusline=%02n:%<%f\ %h%m%r%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)\ %P
set nocompatible
filetype plugin on
set path+=,~/Documents,

Yet, I have no trouble compiling from a command prompt as the go binary is in my path.

I suspect that this would be fixed by me symlinking the go binary somewhere, but I don't know where.

Thanks for any help.

--rob solomon