On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:22 PM Michel Levieux <m.levi...@capitaldata.fr>
wrote:

> The main reason why I'm strongly convinced forbidding circular imports is
not a good thing is that it separates too much the problem space from the
solution space.

TBH, I cannot even figure out how could _possibly_ circular imports work.
Have you considered also
https://golang.org/ref/spec#Program_initialization_and_execution in your
thoughts?

Anyway, can you provide a small example of two packages, importing each
other, illustrating the advantage of circular imports? I'm not sure, but I
feel it can be proven that it's always possible to reorganize those two
packages to do not depend on circular imports. And transitively for N
packages. But I'm really just guessing.

--

-j