I was thinking the similarly, which is why I thought about the List case.

In Java, however you get there, it is just referred to as List

In Go, it is going to be list.List

And in a competing implementation it is going to be container.List or whatever
package the author came up with.

That’s a big difference IMO.

I would be totally in favor of

import Time,Duration from time

added to Go, but I am not sure if the package has a few related types (which it
should IMO) it is any better than

import . “package”

Have the ‘import from’ been proposed and rejected? Still, it requires using
‘stutter’ to be workable - but as you know I’m ok with that :)