I am not sure you can do this at the application layer - you need kernel
support to drop packets.

You can however trivially create a TCP proxy that slows traffic simulating
dropped packets / congested networks.

You might be able to do a proxy in Go using raw packets, but a lot of work.
Maybe the bpf package - but probably easier just to use iptables.