Hi Sandro,

Vendoring is another approach that can work here.

In a pre-modules world, vendoring is fairly well known.

In a modules world, vendoring is still an option. For example, you can see
this FAQ here that touches on using 'go mod vendor' with modules:

https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/Modules#how-do-i-use-vendoring-with-modules-is-vendoring-going-away

An alternative approach in a modules world is to use the module cache. It
can end up with similar benefits as traditional vendoring (and in some ways
ends up with a higher fidelity copy), but uses a different technique. This
approach is explained as a "Go Modules by Example" walkthrough here:

https://github.com/go-modules-by-example/index/blob/master/012_modvendor/README.md

Best,
thepudds