Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2018 06:05:25 UTC+1 schrieb Pat Farrell:

> I need a project to motivate myself into writing some non-trivial go. So I
> want to learn about implementing control theory, sensors, etc. Things like
> IMU (gyro, 3D magnetic compass, and accelerometer) GPS. Not only do I want
> to talk to the sensors, but I want to implement Kalman filters, PID
> controllers, etc. myself. I'm a pretty experience programmer, done OS
> internal work, DBMS driver internals, networking, etc all at pretty low
> level. I do not want to just grab a library off github that "handles the
> sensor", I want to implement the algorithms, just like you would in C, but
> in go.

The theory is in books, real control experiments (and the fun) needs real
sensor data (time series) and real actuators.
Otherwise it becomes dry and boring too soon.

When you've learned to cope with non-linearities and noise and 0%/100%
sensor/actuator boundaries, control concepts
begin to show their power over simple PI/PID loops or switch controllers.

So perhaps you should saddle your horse backwards, and then decide if
Golang as front-end development language
is really the right choice for you. And then Golang doesn't treat complex
matrix algebra well...

And you'll need some sort of simple GUI for simulation, loop monitoring and
control parameter adaptation...