The problem with this approach is that something that's good enough for
This Use™ by the owner of the code will be seen by another person and
then used by someone else with less understanding. The world of
cryptography implementations is already contaminated enough with badly
implemented Correct™ systems, let's not add more choices for weak and
intrinsically broken systems.