On 16 Jan 2019, at 15:42, Victor Giordano
<vitucho3...@gmail.com<mailto:vitucho3...@gmail.com>> wrote:

As far i can get to understand the english language (i'm not a native speaker),
the "er" seems to denotes or describe things in a more "active way" (the thing
that they actually do by itself), and the "able" describes things in a more
"passive way"  (the thing that you can "ask it/his/her" to do). Do you find
this appreciation correct?

This was a mental stumbling block for me for a long time when I started out
with Go. For me, the "Reader" is the one who calls Read(), so an io.Reader
seemed like the opposite of what I wanted. I would have better understood it as
io.Readee. It works out better if I see the Reader as some sort of intermediate
entity that affects reads on whatever the underlying thing is you want to read
from… Or if I see it as just an interface-indicating nonsense suffix, like a
capital-I prefix…

//jb