I have a moderately complex HTTP server written using net/http
HandlerFuncs.  Testing one request at a time all is well, but when I start
putting significant load on it, it sometimes returns empty packets, ie no
HTTP response headers, no status code, nothing.  The clients are all
written using Python requests and report BadstatusLine("").

I don't have a straightforward way of reproducing this without all the
relevant software (and indeed hardware) being configured, and it's still
possible that there is some code path through my code that ends without
writing anything into the HttpResponse, though I have spent quite a few
hours reviewing the code for this possibility and can't see how it would
happen.

Does anyone know if there are conditions where the net/http server can do
this?  The load during system startup might be considered high, but it's
maybe ten requests per second high, not thousands, though the hardware is
relatively limited (think RPi2 and you're not too far wrong).  I'm using a
custom mux, but it's a copy-and-paste of net/http.ServeMux with some extra
logging added.

Thanks for any help,
Tom