On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 9:21:14 PM UTC-5, Topget wrote:

> I have tested several simple functions with Golang and Java. To my
> surprise, Java sometimes is faster than Golang(especially in recursive
> function and some function in standard library such as math/rand.Rand).

What others have  already said. Plus, the JVM is an impressive bit of work.
The runtime optimization is first class and does an amazing job.

Benchmarks always lie. Mostly because they ask the wrong question. You
don't care if one program or another is 5% faster. Software engineering is
about the cost over the life-cycle, that includes hardware to run it on,
and all the software engineering effort to implement and maintain the code.