The reason it checks for known implementations is because it “knows the
implementation”, so it can be sure it has the correct semantics.

This is the problem with Go “duck typing”.

The real solution would be to declare a new interface called BodyContent, that
had methods of io.Reader, and a method ContentLength() -which could be
delegated to Len() - not re-use a generic method like Len(). but even then that
is not foolproof because of the “duck typing”.

I know most do not agree, and see the Go “duck typing” as a plus, but IMO it is
a huge problem for larger code sets with proper maintainable designs.