Has this been finally decided or is there still room to save this feature?

We have invested all last year building an SDK (industrial automation for
oil&gas and pharma) we have two customer on a paying beta agreement.

Many have spoken to this rather common scenario to protect IP (no, plugins
do not cut it as stated by others e.g. on
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/28152 ).

Just shutting a feature off like this means a huge loss for us.

Again, we wouldn't care too much about sharing source (clear or obfuscated)
but we wrote all the legal agreements around the BOP concept. We would have
to refactor to C which we tested (CGo that is) and it has significant
performance drop.

But more than anything it's the sheer investment I made...

Thanks for any further consideration