Very nice. As a point of interest, I wrote something similar for Go
packages inside Google called "writeme". It worked with multiple languages
(the ones used inside Google), but had to be run manually. Your hook
integration is much nicer!

Have you thought about how module information might be incorporated into
generated docs? We've been thinking about it; I'd be interested to hear
your thoughts.