Context: I use go version go1.12 linux/amd64. I have a VPN set up which has
private DNS server. This server can resolve URLs that have top level domain
name ".custom-tld".

File /etc/resolvconf has the following content:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 192.10.10.18

When I try to use net.LookupSRV("", "", "service.name.custom-tld") it
returns "no such host" error because it tries the first server and then
fails after host name is not found. However local DNS resolver works as
expected and resolves the URL no problem.

I have two questions:

Should default DNS resolver for linux platform use every server in
/etc/resolvconf to try to lookup a URL?
What is a better way to handle DNS resolution in that situation?