> This site can’t be reached
> site took too long to respond.

Where is this coming from, some kind of a client?

> How come the autocert TLS handshake trying to connect my home IP address
autocert doesn't connect anywhere except the ACME directory, Let's Encrypt
being most common I guess.
Most likely you've tried connecting to your server from home and that's
where your own IP would show up.

Make sure the domain name points to a publicly accessible IP address where
your box is running.
The ACME CA will try to connect to it while verifying proof of domain
control. If it can't, the validation fails and autocert won't be able to
complete TLS handshake.