Thank you for writing your reply Ian. Since it's a rather long post I
don't want to go through it point by point, but suffice it to say that I
agree with most of what you've written. However, I also agree that Go is
Google's language, and that in its current form this is a problem. I'm going to
talk about two related but distinct probles here:

It's good to have strong central leadership, and I'm okay with that
leadership being employed by Google. The problem is that the Go team
doesn't always appear to be interested in listening to the rest of the
community. We saw this when the modules proposal was created and rushed
out without adequate community feedback; after the push back against
that the Go team promised to do better, but they're still putting out
proposals with little to no opportunity to make significant changes (eg.
the package sum proposal which was put out, and then almost immediately
merged, made into a release, and then made the default behavior).

This is especially a problem when these proposals further tie Go to
Google web services run by the Go team (though I'm veering off into a
separate problem here). To me this feels like it's almost a type of
vertical integration and it's an absolutely disgusting thing to do, and
I don't use that word lightly. Not because I think the Go team is
planning on doing anything bad with the information all Go users will
now be sending to them, or because I think Google executives are putting
down mandates and influencing Go, but because we don't know what future
Go team members or Google execs will do. We don't know who will be
running the Go project in 10 or 20 years, so the Go team now should be
making sure they limit the potential for abuse, especially when they
work for a company with a long history of anti- competitive behavior and
abuse of its size and power.

It's possible that my dissatisfaction with the proposal process is all
merely confirmation bias due to my extreme negative reaction to Go
communicating with Google-run web services that can't be used by large
portions of the world due to U.S. export laws, but I hope the Go team
will still take the feedback in the original link seriously and try to
change the process.