Although it's slightly off-topic, there are already some Go forks or
variants that implement generics.

One is Fo https://github.com/albrow/fo - a source-to-source transpiler that
converts "Go with generics" to plain Go
Another is my https://github.com/cosmos72/gomacro - a Go interpreter with
generics (C++ style generics are complete; a second alternative
implementation more closely following Go generics proposals is in progress).

I think there may be others I don't know about.