Hi Ian,

Thank you for sending that CL 181840.

One minor request for clarification on the discussion here.

When you said earlier in this thread:

> “For almost all users the default
value will be correct.  At least, I hope that is the case.”

I *think* what you are saying is for almost everyone the default value set
should be a valid choice when initially selected by the 'go’ command, even
though someone might later need to manually change it in the future as new
language features are released?

In other words, if hypothetically something like a new 'try' keyword lands in
something like Go 1.15, then at that point someone might need to change the
value in their go.mod from for example 'go 1.12'  to instead read 'go 1.15' if
they want to use the new language feature?

Sorry if that is not correct.

Regards,
thepudds