Hi all,

I've been thinking a lot about that lately and can't seem to find an answer
on my own.
I would be soooooo glad and fulfilled if I could contribute to the go
project. However, I am wondering about whether or not it is my lack of
knowledge of the go language that prevents me from taking the step.

/* Skip this part, boring

I mean, I have read a lot of the go source code, including the last version
of the language. I know how maps work, I mean globally, I know things about
the garbage collector, I know things about go assembly (maybe more than in
some other themes, since it seems reallyyyyyyyy interesting for me), I know
things about lexing, parsing, and compiling (but not much yet).
I have developped several projects in Go (from really small to huge ones),
I've worked on a real-time bidder (for advertising), I've worked on many
different DB systems, Redis, MySQL, ElasticSearch... I've implemented cool
things like conditional loggers, an ncurse snake game, an implementation of
the encoding/json library (that is probably clearly not as good as the
existing one since it was purely for fun, but I did it ^^ ).
In fact, I really want to contribute to the go project, for many many
reasons, most of which I think you will refer to (I am talking to the go
community (in terms of development)).

*/ You can start again here

1. I love this project, I think it is going to go far further (yes, this
choice of words) than many other languages, and I wanna be part of this
world-wide change.
2. I think (subjectively, and clearly it looks like a mistake) that I can
bring new ideas and concepts to the project itself.
3. I feel like we should all be part of such things. Projects that can be
"world-changers", open-source, community-open, change-ready. And here I am
not only referring to go, I am also referring to Unix systems, Kubernetes,
Docker...

And so many others I just can't find easily right now.
So here is the question I am asking here:
How did you guys know when you were like "ready" to contribute to the
project and suggest changes, advance knowlegde and all of that?

PS: to bring some clarity to this post, I am 22, I have like 4 years of
experience in programming, a little in C, Java, C++, Python, but mostly in
Go. I'm from France so please forgive my bad english.

Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.

Michel,