Hello Leo,

There is a quite capable Go REPL available; it is called GoMacro. It is
actually fairly mature. Massimiliano Ghilardi has
done a great job with it. There is even a Jupyter kernel for it.

https://github.com/cosmos72/gomacro
https://github.com/gopherdata/gophernotes

However, using Go directly lacks many niceties that I miss when doing data
analysis, the least of which is named parameters. You can extend python and
R with Go as you wish. Here one of my projects from some time ago that
demonstrates how to write R extensions in Go.  Romain Fancois was also
doing a parallel effort at one point; you might search for it if you are
interested.

https://github.com/glycerine/rmq

Extensions for python are also doable, but are a little tricky (possible,
but lots of extra makefile wrangling) if you need portability to e.g.
Windows.

-J