Hey,

just because you asked for community-input multiple times (and I don't want
to see claims again, that the Go team would ignore community input): I was
aware of this policy and I agree with it.

If nothing else, consider that as *users* of Go, we also benefit from this
policy. Because at the end of the day, you also have to decide how many Go
versions back you want to support for your software. The fact that there is
no LTS-version of Go or whatever and that you can pretty much assume "the
current version and maybe the last" to be stable, simplifies things for the
ecosystem at large.

Also, your arguments can just as well be made about the previous to last
version, or the one before that, or the one before that… ad infinitum.
Clearly it's unreasonable to expect changes to be backported to *all*
releases, so some cutoff has to be decided. Which is, all things
considered, still arbitrary.