hey, Marvin,

Actually I haven't noticed it was a 8 year old thread, neither had I
noticed that there should be any kind of preface in such cases (well, it
was just a comment and the group rules are not that clear, afterall). My
comment was about a rather *usual feature in OOP languages and that people
with experience in such languages might wonder what's the idiomatic was to
express the same concept in GO*, that's why the comment was made with this
a caveat about its idiomaticity.

About *the subject*: I agree with you that the convention T/NewT is
sufficient, but in some contexts (like packages with many structs and many
functions that should me modelled as static methods in other languages) it
might clog the package namespace. That might lead programmers unexperienced
to GO into modelling *packages-as-classes*, which, I might be wrong, but I
believe it is not intention designed for them.

About *your message*: I believe that most people might disagree with static
methods in GO (*maybe me included*), some might not, but anyways I believe
you're not entitled to speak in the name of everyone on this group, are
you? And, moreover, I do not think the aggressive tone on your message is
consistent with a *discussion* group.

cheers