Yes, I understand it is impossible to chose the "correct way" of
determining the center. This week I learnt there are at least a handful of
places claiming to be the "center" of Brazil, with monuments and whatnot.

The search for a solution is an interesting endeavor per se. Programming is
supposed to be fun after all.

Several things amazed me:
. the variety of proposed methods. A guy in Germany collected the position
and area of every county in Brazil and proceeded with the math. Another guy
proposed to draw a map on carton paper, cut it and find the center of
gravity. Etc;
. the rich geographical data available for anyone to use;
. the language packages and libraries to handle geographical data;
. the enviable knowledge some people have on the matter;
. the willing to learn a new topic just for the sake of it;
. the unwillingness to learn a new topic just for the sake of it;

Anyway, it was a delightful experience. Thanks