I think I must have asked this really badly.

I don't want a reflect.Type of an error, I want a types.Type
representation of error for performing static analysis.

The playground that I imagine is necessary is something like this.

https://play.golang.org/p/e-FU0_4J9jK

This seem massively over complicated, so I'm wondering if there is an
easier way.