On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 7:56 PM <smogg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem as the original poster. I expect Buffered() to
> return the number of bytes that can be read from the current buffer, like the
> documentation states. However a call to Buffered() returns 0 both before and
> after a call to any Read() that finds bytes in the buffer. In my case the
> Reader is a net.Conn.
>
> How do we use Buffered() properly? This is the only google result I could
> find that even mentions using the function.
>
> I ended up solving my problem without using bufio.

Note that you are replying to an e-mail from over nine years ago.

The Buffered method is fairly special purpose.  It just tells you how
many bytes you can Read without causing a call to the underlying
Reader.  What are you really trying to do?  Can you show us some code
that does not work as you expect?

Ian