Could you provide explicit steps (ideally a `go.mod` file and a
corresponding `.go` source file, and the version of the Go toolchain you
are using) to reproduce the problem?

All three of those `v2` versions appear to have `go.mod` files, so the `go`
command should not allow them to be used as `+incomptable` versions at all,
let alone use them by default.
(See https://golang.org/doc/go1.13#version-validation.)

Moreover, because the latest `v1` release of that module includes a go.mod
<https://github.com/nicksnyder/go-i18n/blob/v1.10.1/go.mod> file, as of Go
1.14 beta 1 the `go` command should ignore `+incompatible` versions when
resolving upgrades to that module.
(See https://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.14#incompatible-versions.)