> looking for guidance on how to get an rsa.PublicKey from id_rsa.pub
> seems like I can parse the id_rsa.pub contents and get a ssh.PublicKey but
> how do I transform this into an rsa.PublicKey
> i need the coersion in order to use other support services.

Please consider whether this is really what you need to be doing. If you're
being provided with a id_rsa.pub file (presumably from a .ssh configuration
directory) you will very likely be performing ssh operations, which are
ideally left up to the ssh library to perform.

If you have a very exotic usecase an know what you are doing, the ssh
package uses the crypto.rsa package internally to parse the ssh keyfiles,
so just have a look at the implementation there:
https://github.com/golang/crypto/blob/master/ssh/keys.go#L262

Good Luck!