I have several personal projects in Go, and some of these projects depends
on other personal projects.
Since they are still in development, they are not available on a public
repository.

I have found a solution that seems to work, but I would like some advise.
My projects are all in GOPATH (~/src/go/src);

  1. Use URL rewriting in .gitconfig, e.g.

     [url
"ssh://manlio@localhost:/home/manlio/src/go/src/github.com/perillo/"]
         insteadOf = https://github.com/perillo/

  2. Set the `GONOSUMDB` environment variable in the shell, e.g.

     export GONOSUMDB="github.com/perillo/*"

  3. Optionally, to fill the cache when releasing a new version of a local
     module:

     go mod download $(go list -m)@latest

The third point is unnecessary.  I added it in an effort to avoid to add
the URL rewriting permanently in .gitconfig.

What are the possible problems with this solution?

Thanks
Manlio Perillo