I'm still new to using Go so maybe I'm missing something of the 'culture'
but I find that I'd often like to be able to hide implementation detail on
a level that is more finely grained than the package.

I'm aware that using case it's possible to define for instance struct
members that are not accessible to code outside of the struct's package.

I'm also aware that you can employ this concept such that a package can
define a public interface which can be *used* by code outside of the
package but which effectively can't be *implemented* by code outside the
package. There's an example of this in section 2 here:
https://www.onebigfluke.com/2014/04/gos-power-is-in-emergent-behavior.html

I guess I'm looking for something like opaque pointers which were employed
to good effect in C to hide implementation details from 'peer' source
files: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opaque_pointer#C

If as I suspect there is no way of achieving what I'm looking for, does
anyone know of a good reason why this level of information hiding isn't
possible in Go? Do experienced Go developers just not feel the need for it?

TIA
Orson