Hi,

I'd like to add that for this particular purpose, I find the keyword "try"
quite inappropriate. It makes sense in other languages, either with a
*catch* "counterpart" or not. But in those cases (at least those I'm aware
of), you're not trying a value, which makes no sense to me. You try an
action, a process, a set of computations, and *those* actions, processes or
computations throw - return - something if they fail. So it makes sense in
those cases to use "try". "Trying an error", on the other hand, clearly is
just wanting to have the same keyword for the same - approximate? - purpose
(I'm not saying it's wrong or right, I'm just saying).

I know that most of the suggested keywords in proposals are not *really*
part of the proposal itself and most often are just used as a means of
showing practical examples to the reader. I'm just stating my opinion here.
Try seems a bad choice for me here because it focuses the attention on a
single - irrelevant - point where the real value of the proposal would lie
somewhere else (which does not imply that the proposal has value or it has
not, *again*, this is not my point).